There are never too many beauty blogs in my opinion. This is because there are so many different types of people ( with different beauty requirements).
One beauty blog can never answer all the questions. This is a golden opportunity for you because you just need to find that perfect topic(s) to blog about to get the audience to your blog.
How to start a beauty blog and make money as well as get free stuff? Starting a Blog is very easy with WordPress and the cheap hosting plans available. The important thing is to pick the right topics to blog about. Beauty is too broad a topic and you must niche down to a specific skin type or beauty products you would like to work on.
Starting a Blog is very easy, the difficult part is being consistent and generating an income from your blog or vlog.
How to Start a Beauty Blog and Make Money
I have started quite a few blogs and vlogs and finally have narrowed it down to the following few steps which I do for every blog.
Step 1 – Find the Niche
Finding a niche is the most important step in starting a successful blog. A niche should be broad enough to give you some breathing space and scope to write about different topics. I get bored very easily and also tend to run out of ideas when my main niche is very narrow.
On the other hand, your niche should not be too broad as it becomes virtually impossible to cover a broad topic.
If you are planning to write about beauty why not select hair and beauty products for hair. This narrows it down to one topic which isnt too narrow.
Here are some topic ideas for hair beauty products
- natural hair care ( products, remedies)
- hair extensions
- hair styling products
- ayurvedic hair care
There are numerous possibilities. Brainstorm each sub topic and you might find that a sub topic is so broad what you want to create a vlog just on that.
I spend some time in this step as it helps clarify my thought in what I want to blog about. I have created a spreadsheet with all topics and sub topics I would like to blog about.
The keyword research tips in this blog course is very useful as it helps me have a visual picture of what all I need to do for my blog.
Step 2 – Purchase Domain and Hosting
Next up I purchase Domain and Hosting. I install
Step 3 – Brainstorming topics to write about
Finding topics to write about can be very difficult if you have no idea how to do this. In reality, this is very simple and you will find that once you start writing, Google will automatically suggest new topics for you.
In order to find the best topics I recommend using the following techniques
- My primary keyword research is found in this blog course.
- Another method I use is Pinterest. Pinterest is one of the best free tools to find a goldmine of keywords. Start searching for topics of interest on Pinterest and it will suggest keywords to you. The keywords are suggested based on popularity, so you can be confident of finding trending topics for your blog and videos.
- You can find topics to write about in Ubersuggest.
- You can use AnswerthePublic to get ideas for your blog posts. I use this website to research topics and find long-tailed keywords to write about.
Step 4 – Monetising
There are numerous ways to monetise including applying for Google Adsense and recommending products. Some of the methods I am using to monetise are as follows
- Google Adsense
- Amazon Affiliate program
- Sponsored posts and videos
- Selling products and eBooks
Step 5 – Videos
I find that creating videos for my blog posts tends to rank my blog posts higher. I also get to present the same content in two different formats reaching out to 2 different groups of people.
You might want to check out a few articles which detail my process of vlogging
How to get FREE Cosmetic Samples and Beauty Products
Bloggers, Vloggers, and makeup artists get free products and samples. Personal Care, cosmetic, and beauty supply companies are eager to send sample products. This gets them visibility and branding. They can reach out to lots of new customers through reviews by bloggers and vloggers.
Here are a few ways I get free products to review and test.
Makeup and Perfume Sample products to Try
Here is how I get free Makeup samples to try. You can download an application to get free products. New users have to request access and if you use my referral code, you should be able to get quick access and approval.
Select free samples available and you should get them within a week or two.
( Use my Referral Code Gtiua to get easy access to the app )
Become a Consultant and Earn Money
There is a company which pays for you to promote people to their business. I purchase products from this company and the products are really good.
I am eager to promote them because I know they have quality products. You can easily become a consultant and work your own hours.
When you sign up with them, they send you samples, a brochure and provide you with a website.
You need to refer people to your own website. When people purchase you get 10% or more commission.
They have new products and also lots of coupons and sales.
You can check this company here – Be Your Own Boss
Contact Companies Directly
I had tried participating in surveys and giveaways. The chances of getting products from such activities are slim to none. The most effective way to get free products to try is to contact the companies directly.
If you are looking to just try the products before purchasing them, then contact the company and ask for trial products. Let them know how much you like their brand and would love to try their product before purchasing a full-size product.
This might seem very simple but it works really well. Companies are always looking for new customers and are willing to send samples if they feel you might be a genuine customer.
How to get samples as a Beauty Blogger
To get samples as a vlogger and blogger, you can send a PR mail with details of your blog or vlog. Include links to your blog, vlog, social media channels, and analytics.
This process is actually straightforward and free and just requires you to take the effort to contact companies and brands.
- Go to the official website
- Find an email address or postal address. I sometimes use the contact us form on their website
- Send a well-crafted email or letter. Be sure to include how much you like their brand, include your personal success using their products. Let them know which products you would like to try and
As my vlog grew, companies and brands started noticing me. They contact me and send me emails asking if I would like free products in exchange for a review. This happens over time and if you are consistent with you vlog or blog, brands will find you.
How to write a Beauty Blog Post
Beauty Blog writing can be every easy. The trick is to research the niche thoroughly.
If you are a beauty blogger or are thinking of starting a beauty Blog you already are aware of many beauty related things.
You understand basic ingredients, skin types, hair types.
You are also aware of what’s the core issues and what might be a safe alternative.
Eg. How to wash dry skin without making it more dry
All these are topics which interest your audience as well. If you want a head start here are some beauty Blog topics for you.
How to start a Beauty blog on Instagram
Instagram is another platform where you can share content and make money.
While it is not a blog technically, it can help you become an influencer.
Some people make their living off Instagram.
I don’t recommend being dependent on that.
But you can and should leverage that platform.
Here are Instagram beauty blog ideas you can use today.
How do Beauty Bloggers grow on Instagram
Instagram is one of the best platforms for beauty bloggers.
To grow on Instagram follow these tricks
- Stick to a theme. Stick to beauty, preferably skincare, or hair care or nails. Just one thing
- Create content often. You can use the same ideas you share in your blog as content pieces for Instagram
- Follow some beauty bloggers who only post beauty topics. And make notes. Learn what they share, when, how frequently, what hashtags they use
- Plan your content. Use asana, Google sheets, trello to plan out content. Make space for reviews, tips, how tos
- Create content and share or schedule. All types of content can be scheduled using Facebook. Reels need to be uploaded manually.
- Use relevant hashtags. This can help your content reach the eight audience.
( Save for Later )
This post first appeared on indianmomvlogs.com
- 0.1 How to Start a Beauty Blog and Make Money
- 0.2 How to get FREE Cosmetic Samples and Beauty Products
- 1 How to write a Beauty Blog Post
- 2 How to start a Beauty blog on Instagram
- 3 How do Beauty Bloggers grow on Instagram
|Bluehost||.com 11.99 per year||Includes free domain for 1 year and SSL||Check it out|